Fellowshipprogramma NL-UK (Deadline 1 October 2018)
Alzheimer’s Society (UK) and Alzheimer Nederland knowledge exchange fellowships
Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer Nederland are the largest care and research charities in their respective countries. Both organisations have a proud history of funding research and this Fellowship exchange programme is designed to support the exchange of knowledge, data and expertise between the two countries.
The knowledge exchange fellowships will allow researchers to spend a period of time in the other country to establish and strengthen collaborations between researchers and research groups. Applicants should have shown exceptional promise in their career so far and may be expected to make an important contribution to/occupy an important place in dementia research in the near future.
You can read more about our previously funded fellows below:
Why apply for this fellowship?
- Unique opportunity to build or strenghten collaborations between two leading countries in dementia research.
- Personal development for the applicant through training, learning new skills and leadership qualities.
- The grant provides an opportunity to bring new skills to and from the host institution.
- The fellowship gives you exposure to ‘critical friends’ and encourages better performance and higher quality research.
- Research outputs are more relevant for a wider audience due to the involvement of wider stakeholder groups and wider populations.
- Time out from the office allows you to develop new ideas and focus on writing publications.
- Development of further research opportunities and future collaborations.
Applications are invited from talented researchers from Dutch and UK Universities and research institutes who are at the beginning of their scientific career, within ten years of completion of their PhD.
Applications are to be submitted from the prospective fellow intending to travel either:
- From the UK to a host institute in the Netherlands
- From the Netherlands to a host institute in the UK
Only one application can be submitted per fellow, if researchers are interested in a bidirectional exchange then two separate applications must be submitted.
Funding up to £10,000 (€12.500) is available to support exchange fellowships lasting up to 18 months. The grant will not cover salaries. It is not obligatory to be abroad for the whole period. Proposals consisting of one or several shorter visits to one or more institutes are also eligible for funding.
Applications open: 15 June 2018
Closing date: midday 1 October 2018
Decisions by: 14 December 2018
All applicants must complete:
- Full application form
- Lay application – English
- Lay application – Dutch
Previously funded fellows
- Kay Deckers, Model voor risicoreductie dementie
- Karlijn Joling, Kunst van&voor mensen met dementie
- Javier Escudero Rodríguez, EEG en geheugentest voor betere diagnose
- Iris Oren, Herinneringen opslaan bij Alzheimer
- Gill Windle, Kunst en veerkracht bij dementie
- Neil Chadborn & Marjolein van der Marck, Betere ondersteuning afgestemd op behoeftes
More information (Article in Dutch)